Chennai Metro Rail on Sunday launched its official mobile app , two years after it started its operations. The app named Chennai Metro Rail app, is currently launched for android users and CMRL officials said the iOS version will also be released soon.
The app contains extensive information on everything about Chennai metro, from route information to feeder services. The app has each station assigned a color based on its metro operation – blue line is for elevated stations and green line for underground
Here’s the list of information the app will contain :
- Location of each Metro station with nearest landmarks
- Details about a station such as availability of link bridges and parking options
- Details of mini buses (feeder services) available from a station
- The app has route information to help commuters from getting one location to another
- Upon entering the coordinates of their origin and destination locations, users can find out the cost of the journey, distance covered and the number and names of stations the train will pass through
- Enables commuters to find metro stations closest to them with directions to get there
- Weather forecast
- Details of tourist spots in the city
If this is not all, Chennai Metro has more plans to further enhance the app. Here is a glimpse of what is to come :
- iOS version of the app
- smart card recharge option
The app has 1000 downloads so far and is rated 4.9 by users.